Sunday, December 5, 2010

Introducing Basementia's Business Development Blog

Welcome to Basementia's business development blog.  This blog will feature a series of posts about how to start and grow your own business.  It will address such diverse issues as writing a business plan, setting up the legal structure of your business, how to raise capital, how to set up a website, how to develop a marketing strategy (including identifying your target market and creating catchy advertisements)...  and more! 

My name is Jesse Smith, and I will be leading the discussion.  I am presently studying for my MBA with a Marketing emphasis at City University of Seattle.  I am also the President and lead coder at Basementia Enterprises.  This blog series will be an updated, expanded series based on a short three-part article on Starting a Business that I wrote several years ago. 

It is my hope that readers will find this series useful and informative.  Living in an economic downturn that won't quit, with unemployment persistently high, it is my belief that individuals must take the economy into their own hands, by starting businesses and creating jobs for themselves and their communities.  It is my goal, and my company's purpose, to demystify the business development process, and to make it possible for anyone to start a business that will thrive even when times are bad.

Relevant comments are welcome.  I look forward to a collaborative discussion that will promote everyone's interests. 

Best Regards,
Jesse Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment